🍇 Raspberry: media center
1. Download and install OSMC
- Download OSMC (just Windows or MacOS)
- Format SD and launch osmc.exe
- Follow installation steps
- If you have an error when OSMC download selected release, just change version, take oldest
- Insert SD into Raspberry and connect it to monitor
- To configure it, use a mouse and a keyboard, not just portable keyboard
- Choose language, timezone...
- For wifi configuration, if you have azerty layout, use visual keyboard
2. Configure AZERTY Keyboard layout (optional)
2.A. Option #1
Layout for azerty keyboard is not available just after installation. You have to go into console mode. Select
Power into menu and choose
Quitter into french). OS rebooting and when screen show OSMC logo with blue wallpaper, just press on escape and you will access to TTY1.
Now login with
osmc and the password is
osmc, you will change it later. Check updates and install additional layouts with:
sudo apt -y udpate sudo apt-get install console-common
A dialog box will appear, select
Keymap from full list and, in the newest list, choose
AZERTY / French / Same As X11 (latin 9) / Standard. Your new layout will be installed and configured.
2.B. Option #2
Settings from main menun
Region and select
Keyboard layoutto choose French AZERTY. You have no choices, update OSMC with 2.A. Option #1.
3. Connect to OSMC with SSH
After configuring wifi or connect an ethernet cable, use your personal machine to connect to OSMC with SSH. Just check IP address into
Settings/System infos, for example,
The default user and default password are
osmc. If you want to change password, type this:
# For root sudo passwd # For osmc user sudo passwd osmc